9 Tips for Hosting Your AVVAY Location
- Respond quickly. When you receive a booking request for your location, a timely response makes the best impression.
- Do your due diligence. Make sure you get enough information from a potential guest. You should feel comfortable with how they want to use the location and their level of experience.
- Make it an experience. Those who go above and beyond to facilitate a creative environment are the best hosts. Treat the guests that pass through your location well and we’ll love you forever (plus, you’ll likely get really good reviews and ratings.)
- Give creatives space. Unless you’ve agreed to work together with a guest, give them the personal space they need to create.
- Be on time. If you are running late, please allow guests to make that time up at the end of a reservation.
- Keep your space neat.
- Show guests the ropes. If there’s something that needs to be explained about your gear, workstation, or other location details in general, please make sure you and your guest are on the same page. Be sure to share important details like the wifi password and bathroom location.
- Have insurance. We expect all of our hosts to be properly insured. If you are unsure about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.
- Write a review. Tell others about your experience when it’s all done ‒ this helps everyone.